Saturday, June 13, 2009

Chapter-7 Piano Trauma

Howdy folks!

Pandemica here.

Sorry for taking you guys so long for this chapter.

As you can see, I just came back from my vacation at Phuket, Thailand two days ago.

AND I AM TIRED AS HELL.

why?

'Cause yesterday, my buddies ( nicknamed Choco-Head and An to the power of two) dragged me along for the 1st Asia Grand Piano Concert held at KLCC.

Till almost midnight.

It’s the first time a piano concert on such a grand scale is being organised in the country.

Who's performing?

136 pianists from Korea, Hong Kong, Indonesia and of course Malaysia.

And guess what?

The Agong and the queen (Ampun Tuanku) actually came, along with Dr.M and the rest of the VVIPs.

Holy Schmoly.

The concert is an initiative of the Persatuan Chopin (Don't laugh), a non-profit organisation, and the Korean Piano Society to promote both cultural and musical exchanges between Malaysia and Korea.

Think it's something a music freak can't miss?

NOT.

Don't get me wrong, I love piano music but it's just TOO LONG AND REPETITIVE.

In fact, none of the pieces(which I only knew a few) actually make me sit up straight and say," This is good!".

Well, it was not a complete waste of time ( someone might wanna hit me right now) as there are some in-concert humours.

Anyways, kudos to all the fellow pianists who took part. Good Job!

Your skills are admirable but the pieces chosen (by the music director, no doubt) are horrible.

Here's a couple of pictures of the event.

The Plenary Hall Of Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre


The fellow pianists


The tickets for both the Junior Concert and the Gala Concert.


I'm really sorry there are no recorded videos as I'm only following the law ( Photographing and video recording during the concert are strictly prohibited!)

Well, that basically concludes Chapter 7.

Till then, Ciao!

P/s:
For those who are eagerly waiting to see my pictures and vids of my Phuket trip, stay tuned for Chapter 8. It's gonna be a BLAST! ( as soon as I charged my camera)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP